|Under the general supervision of the Executive Director, this position provides a variety of administrative support to the museum and event center. This position researches and gathers data to generate a variety of reports; actively develops and maintains positive relationships with members and partners; provides information to the public and staff; deals with a diverse group of external and internal contacts at all levels of an organization; some independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload to plan and accomplish goals; performs a variety of other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Provides support and administrative assistance to the Executive Director.
- Processes memberships/donors, creates reports, enters data, sends renewals, establishes hard copy and digital files and data and participates in member cultivation.
- Processes and coordinates the documentation for acquisitions at each level of paper, digital, IRS filing, and archival documents with the ability to understand/learn IRS regulations governing these transactions.
- Coordinate and follow through with office maintenance as prioritized by the Executive Director. Maintains files, schedules, and invoice processing.
- Collects volunteer data, cultivates and coordinates general volunteer activity.
- Coordinates activities (calendar, travel, logistics, meeting materials, etc.) for the Executive Director.
- Composes and prepares correspondence; handles email and/or regular mail.
- Coordinates and processes mail and invoices.
- Proofreads documents to ensure accuracy of copy, grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Makes revisions and finalizes documents for distribution.
- Oversees meeting logistics.
- Regularly performs significant and recurring administrative tasks with high degree of initiative and independence, and with great attention to detail on numerous projects.
- Reads and demonstrates an understanding and adherence to Heidrick values, policies, and practices. Ability to establish up-to-date guidelines pertaining to the position.
- Demonstrates respect, honesty and professionalism at all times.
- Supports all museum activities in setting up and preparing for all levels of outreach and fundraising events.
- Adheres to an established work schedule and the organization’s timekeeping practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Knowledge, and Abilities Knowledge of:
· Ability to learn codes pertinent to museum and event center is required.
- Modern office administrative and secretarial practices and procedures, including the use of standard office equipment.
- Principles and practices of business letter writing, report formatting and preparation, data collection, information management, record keeping principles and procedures, and business mathematics and statistical techniques.
- Modern office management practices and methods, including use of standard office equipment, computer equipment and applications, including word processing, spreadsheet applications, report writing and business correspondence/writing.
- English usage, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and punctuation.
- Techniques for providing a high level of customer service by effectively dealing with the public, vendors, contractors, and Association staff.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and donor software tracking programs with the ability to learn new computer software.
- Ability to retain a high quality of detail in data entry.
- Consistently demonstrates high standards of excellence and sound judgment in application of policies and practices in handling matters with the elected leadership.
- Exceedingly well organized and detail oriented.
- Discrete and capable of handling sensitive or confidential matters.
- Able to work in a team environment, determine priorities and assume initiative.
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple and changing priorities.
- Exhibits effective interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service that is responsive, reliable, accurate and appropriate.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to assist as needed in an organization that is open to the public on weekends and a variety of hours.
EMAIL YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: AgHistory@AgHistory.org