On the heels of another successful Sacramento Museum Day, the Sacramento Association of Museums (SAM) has identified March 2015 as Museum Membership Month! The benefits of museum membership often extend well beyond a financial savings and include exclusive experiences only available to members. Plus, there’s something for everyone as the thriving Sacramento museum community offers memberships at virtually every museum and/or destination — from fine art and culture to native, exotic and endangered wildlife.
To highlight Museum Membership Month in March, many of the 30 museums are offering special incentives and discounts for enthusiasts who choose to become members of their favorite museums and destinations. A few limited-time offers include the following:
- Heidrick Ag History & Events Center — 10 percent off all new memberships in March along with a free one-day admission pass to share with a friend;
- Aerospace Museum of California — 25 percent off new Family memberships during March;
- California State Railroad Museum — Two additional months free for all new members in March who mention the discount code “SAM”;
- Crocker Art Museum — Two extra months free for members who sign up online in March and use the discount code “SAM”;
- Discovery Museum/Powerhouse Science Center — 10 percent off all new memberships in March;
- Sacramento Children’s Museum — $10 off new members who sign up in March;
- Sacramento History Museum – New Family memberships in March will include a certificate good for two tickets for a Gold Rush Historical Walking Tour ($20 value) and a “Wanted” poster for each family member. New Quartz Circle memberships will include a certificate good for four tickets for a Gold Rush Historical Walking Tour ($40 value) and a “Wanted” poster for each family member.
In addition to these special incentives offered from March 1-31, 2015, membership has special privileges (which vary by museum) and can include benefits such as the following: free entrance to the museum or destination all year long, special invitations to member-only events and receptions, preview and/or “behind-the-scenes” opportunities for new exhibits and offerings, free guest admission passes (to share with friends and family), discounts and/or advance purchase opportunities on special programs and events, and much more.
For a complete list of participating museums or for more detailed information about memberships and benefits offered by local museums, please visit www.SacMuseums.org.
About the Sacramento Association of Museums (SAM)
Comprised of 30 greater Sacramento area museums working in partnership with the Sacramento Convention & Visitors Bureau, SAM’s mission is to raise awareness of local museums by giving the community the opportunity to discover California’s fine art, history, science and wildlife treasures. SAM achieves its mission through implementing cooperative promotions and developing strategic marketing alliances, by encouraging sharing of knowledge and resources among its partner institutions. For more information, visit www.SacMuseums.org